The AIDA system is designed to detect and locate devices for interception of GSM mobile telephones. This device is known in the Czech Republic as “AGATA” (alias VIKING, etc.). This device is nowadays also affordable for larger security agencies or organized crime, and their occurrence outside the Ministry of Interior of the Czech Republic is documented.
These devices work on the “Man in the middle” principle and for the intercepted mobile phone they appear as a regular BTS of the telecom operator.
The AIDA system is developed in two basic versions, as a stationary unit and as a mobile device.
The core of the system is always a modem unit monitoring the surrounding mobile transmitters – BTS and the control and evaluation software – AIDA v.1.2.
The AIDA stationary unit monitors all BTS bases around the protected site – a building, land, and so on. The system records the occurrence of the BTS, verifies its position and passes the information to the surveillance unit. The system works automatically, does not require operator presence, special maintenance or handling. The number of units installed may vary depending on the parameters of the monitored area or object, and any number of stationary units may be connected to the surveillance unit.
DETECTION AND LOCALIZATION
The mobile unit is designed to track and accurately locate pirated BTS. Functionality is similar to the combined stationary and surveillance unit. The position of the surrounding BTS is calculated based on the actual geographic location obtained through GPS. The mobile unit moves near the location of the illegal BTS and performs a series of field measurements. Measurement is triggered automatically when the position is changed. The use of the mobile unit is possible both in a moving car and in a fixed location.
• Notebook with installed application and power supply for 220 V network, with IP connection option (actual connection not included)
• Notebook carrying case with measuring modems and USB interface, wiring bag
• Antenna with cable, magnetic holder and counterweight
• Wiring kit for the car
• Wiring kit for use outside the vehicle
• 220 / 12V power supply for use outside of the vehicle
• Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1, SQL Server 2008
• Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio – 10.50.2500.0
• Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) – 6.1.7601.17514
• Microsoft MSXML 3.0 4.0 6.0
• Microsoft Internet Explorer – 9.0.8112.16421
• Microsoft .NET Framework – 2.0.50727.5448
• Operating System – 6.1.7601
• AIDA – 1.2 version
• Google Maps interface. This interface allows you to load the current map 100 times a day. For basic use, this frequency is sufficient, higher frequencies are already charged.